Everything You Need to Know About Playing Online Slots in Canada
Canadians have always loved playing slots and, before the internet, would travel to various brick and mortar casinos both here and in the US. Of course, not everyone was lucky enough to be able to do so. However, with the introduction of the first online casinos, virtually every Canadian with a computer could now enjoy playing slots – online.
Online casinos were a huge hit among Canadians, and today, the online casino industry that services Canadians, is one of the biggest in the world. There are hundreds of great CA online casinos to choose from, and each is able to offer dozens upon dozens of world-class slots to suit all needs and preferences. Whether you love the classic 3-reel slots format, or enjoy working your way through dozens of the latest in cutting edge 5 and 7-reel video slots, knowing what to look for and how best to play them, will enhance your overall enjoyment and success at playing slots online.
Get up to $1500 in your first week!
$1000 Welcome Bonus
Up to $600 Bonus
20 free spins when you sign up, no deposit needed
1st deposit - 200% bonus up to $50 + 180 free spins
2nd deposit -50% bonus up $150
3rd deposit - 25% bonus up to $400
Double Deposit Bonus Up To $350
Welcome bonuses up to €/$1600
Advantages of Playing Slots Online
Here are a few more advantages to playing slots online:
Playing Slots Online for the First Time – A Quick Guide
Playing slots online for the first time may seem a bit intimidating, what with all the bells and whistles and high-speed spinning reels dazzling you. However, you may be pleasantly surprised at just how easy it really is to play online slots. Whether you’re looking to play slots online for fun or real money, simply follow this basic quick guide to get started.
Playing Online Slots Step by Step
- Find a good Canadian online casino to sign up with (we offer a complete list of top recommended options just for Canadians).
- You don’t have to sign up just yet if you want to play for fun – simply click on the slot that interests you and click on the “demo” or “play for fun” mode. However, sometimes if you sign up for an account you might be able to unlock a no deposit bonus which means you can play for free and even keep your winnings (check their T’s & C’s first).
- In play for fun mode, you’ll still get coins to play with (they just won’t be real). You can click on any of the different available coin sizes to determine your wager (stake) per spin.
- If playing for real money, choose your payment option and make a cash deposit into your account.
- You can take advantage of a welcome bonus or cash deposit bonus at this stage.
- Choose your slot and select the play for real money option.
- Choose your coin size according to your playing budget. With most real money slots, you can also decide how many paylines are active per spin, which goes hand in hand in determining your stake size.
- Try to choose real money slots that offer an edge in the form of various wild symbols, scatters, bonus rounds, free spins, multipliers and more. This will help to increase your chances of winning on every spin exponentially.
Glossary of Slots Symbols
Expanding Wilds: Found in multi-payline video slots. When an expanding wild symbol lands on a reel, it will transform all the other symbols above and below it into wilds.
Stacked Wilds: A stacked wild symbol will appear as a cluster of 2, 3, 4, or 5 wilds together and will entirely cover the reel it appears on. Depending on the slot, you can have stacked wilds appearing on more than one reel at a time.
Trailing Wilds: These are quite new to online slots but are a lot of fun. A trailing wild will produce a ‘clone’ of itself on the reel that it occupies a position on. When you spin the reels, the original trailing wild will remain in its position, but will create a clone that slides down one position below it on the reel. This can happen multiple times after every subsequent spin and can even fill the entire reel that way.
Boosting Your Online Slots Game with Bonuses and Promotional Offers
Top Canadian online casinos offer a range of bonuses, both for new slots players and those that have already taken advantage of a welcome offer. Bonuses are a great way to instantly boost your playing bankroll, allowing you to play the best online slots for less cost to you over a longer period. Most casino bonuses work on a percentage match system, matching your deposit with a certain amount of free money. Some will also add in a set of free spins on select slots for you to enjoy an advantage on.
Top 3 CA Online Casinos with Great Bonus Offers:
Spin Palace Casino
Leo Vegas Casino
Jackpot City Casino
Understanding Online Slots Payouts
Every online slot game includes details of its payout potential, known as the RTP or Return to Player. Whenever you choose to play an online slot, opening up the game’s pay table will usually reveal its RTP percentage. A good slot will always have an RTP percentage of 95% or higher. To understand how the RTP works, think of it like this, an online slot that show an RTP of 97% means that, for every $100 that you spend on that slot, you can expect to see a return on your investment of $97. However, it is important to understand that RTP percentages are calculated over a long term.
Top Tips to Maximize Your Online Slots Wins
Our Top 3 Recommended Slots for Canadians
1. Hot Ink Slot
RTP 97.5%: Microgaming’s top RTP slot currently.
Features: 5 Reels, 1024 Ways to Win, 10 free bonus spins and a 2x multiplier.
2. Wild Orient Slot
RTP 97.5%: Microgaming.
Features: 5 reels, 243 Ways to Win, 15 free spins, 3x multiplier plus re-spins feature.
RTP 97.05%: Microgaming.
Features: 3 reels, 27 paylines, wilds, Bonus multiplier.
To play slots online in Canada, you need to be at least 18 years of age.
Yes, it is. As long as you choose a reputable online casino, such as the ones we recommend for Canadians.
Yes, you can. Most online slots are now available to play on mobile and will work across all operating systems including iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows.
RTP stands for Return to Player, and is the percentage at which an online slot will pay out. For example, if you spend $100 on a slot with an RTP of 95%, you can expect to see a return over time of $95.
Yes, you can. Most online slots are available to play for real money or to play for fun. When you play for fun, the casino will give you free credits which you can use in the game.